Article 1 (Scope of Application)
These terms and conditions apply to the use of video, audio, images, text, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "Content") provided by Media Japan Co. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") through The Online Dojo and other websites or applications (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Service").
Article 2. (Service Usage)
- The Service shall be used by individuals and use by corporations or other groups shall require a separate application and permission from the Company.
- The User may become a paid or free member of the Service (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Member"). 3 Users may become paid or free members of the Service (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Members") or use the Service without becoming a Member. Depending on whether you are a paid member, free member, or non-member, the scope of the Service, such as the contents that can be viewed, will differ.
Article 3 (Service Usage Fees)
The user shall bear the costs of purchasing, installing, and maintaining the terminal, Internet connection fees, and other communication costs necessary for the use of Service.
Article 4 (Membership Registration)
- A user who wishes to become a member shall apply for membership registration by providing the necessary information in a method designated by the Company.
- Upon receipt of the application in the preceding paragraph, the Company shall register the user as a member. However, if the Company determines that it is inappropriate to allow the use of the Service due to reasons such as falsehoods or misrepresentations in the content of the application for registration, the fact that the User has been subject to measures such as suspension of all or part of the Service or revocation of membership registration in the past, or other reasons that may harm the interests of the Company or other users, etc., the Company will not accept the User as a member. This does not apply to cases where the Company judges that it is not appropriate to allow the use of the Service for reasons such as revocation of registration or other measures that may harm the interests of the Company or other users.
- In the event that the Company deems that a member falls under any of the following items, the Company may temporarily or permanently restrict the use from part or all of the Services, or cancel the member's registration, without prior notice or demand.
- When a member has violated this Agreement.
- When it is found that there is a false or untrue statement in the application for registration.
- In the case of death, or in the case of commencement of guardianship, assistance.
- When it is found that the use of the Service has been suspended or the membership registration has been revoked in the past.
- In addition to the above items, if the Company deems it appropriate to restrict the use of the Service or cancel the membership registration.
Article 5 (Fees for paid members)
- Free members and non-members shall not be charged for the Service.
- Paid members shall pay the usage fee separately determined by the Company by the method designated by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to change the usage fees in the preceding paragraph. In this case, the Company shall set a reasonable period of time in advance on the Service to make the changed usage fee and the effective date of the change in usage fee available to members, and the change in usage fee shall take effect when the effective date arrives.
- The period of paid membership shall be in one-month units, with the first day of the month being the date of registration as a paid member, and shall be automatically renewed unless terminated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The first day of each month is referred to as the "reckoning date" in this Article.
- If a paying member wishes to cancel the subscription, the paying member shall submit a cancellation request in the manner specified by the Company. When a paid member's request for cancellation reaches the Company, the paid membership registration will be cancelled on the day before the first reckoning day that falls on or after the following day. Until the cancellation, the paid member can use the service as a paying member.
- The usage fee shall accrue on a monthly basis, and will not be prorated even if the subscription is cancelled in the middle of a period of less than one (1) month.
- If payment of the fee stipulated in Paragraph 1 of the preceding article is not made, the Company may terminate the paid membership registration of the user in question with a reasonable period of notice, or cancel the membership registration along with it.
Article 7 (Change of Provided Contents)
The Company may change the contents provided by the Service on a regular or irregular basis and does not guarantee that it will continue to provide specific contents.
Article 8 (Form of Provision of the Service)
The Company may categorize or rank the contents of the Service in a manner that the Company deems appropriate. The Company may also categorize or rank the contents differently for each user.
Article 9 (Prohibited Matters)
- A User may not engage in any of the following acts or acts that may lead to such acts.
- Infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights, portrait rights, publicity rights or other moral rights, ownership rights or other property rights of the Company or any third party
- Modify or damage the Service, or disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer the Service.
- Use (reprint, duplicate, modify, store, or transfer) the Contents in any way other than the means provided by the Company through the Service or beyond the scope of use permitted in the Service.
- Unjustly discriminate or slander the Company or any third party or defame the Company or this service.
- Use the Service for commercial purposes without obtaining the Company's approval.
- Causing or threatening to cause trouble or damage to the Company or any third party.
- Interfere with the operation of this service.
- Any other actions that the Company deems inappropriate.
- In the event that the Company deems that a User has committed any of the prohibited acts set forth in the preceding paragraph, the Company may, without prior notice, suspend or restrict the use of all or part of the Service, cancel the membership registration, or take any other action deemed appropriate by the Company against the User.
- The Company shall be entitled to demand compensation for any and all damages (including reasonable attorney's fees) incurred by the Company as a result of the User's actions that fall under the prohibitions set forth in Paragraph 1.
Article 10 (Intellectual Property Rights, etc.)
All copyrights and other intellectual property rights, portrait rights, publicity rights, other ethical rights, ownership rights, and other property rights in the contents provided by the Company through the Service and in the text, images, programs, and all other information that make up the Service shall belong to the Company or a third party that has such rights. All rights reserved. Using the service or registering as a member does not transfer or create any of these rights for the user.
Article 11 (Suspension and Termination of Service)
- The Company may suspend, discontinue, or terminate the Service, in whole or in part, for any of the following reasons
- When the Company performs maintenance or inspection of the computer system for the provision of the Service on a regular or emergency basis
- In the event that the operation of the Service becomes impossible due to an emergency situation such as fire, power outage, natural disaster, etc.
- In the event that the operation of the Service becomes impossible due to war, civil war, riot, disturbance, labor dispute, etc.
- In the event that the Company is unable to provide the Service due to malfunction of computer systems used to provide the Service, unauthorized access from a third party, infection by a computer virus, etc.
- In the event that the Company is unable to provide the Service due to measures taken in accordance with laws, ordinances, etc.
- When the Company has notified the User in advance to a reasonable extent.
- In any other cases where the Company deems it unavoidable.
- In the event that the Company suspends, discontinues, or terminates the operation of the Service in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Company shall, to a reasonable extent, notify the User to that effect in advance by means such as posting on the Service or the website separately designated by the Company. However, this shall not apply in the event of an emergency.
- Even in the event that the operation of the Service is suspended, terminated, or discontinued pursuant to the provisions of Paragraph 1, the paid membership fee already paid shall not be refunded.
Article 12 (Disclaimer)
- The Company does not guarantee the legality, accuracy, appropriateness, validity, morality, or existence of rights permission of any information contained in the Service.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to the user or a third party due to the content provided in the Service, even if the content infringes on the rights of the user or a third party, or due to the content of the content, except in cases where the Company is intentionally or grossly negligent.
Article 13 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- The Company may provide Usage Information to the Company's parent company, subsidiaries, or affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Recipients") for the purposes set forth in the following items.
- For the purpose of providing services or selling products by the Information Provider
- To respond to inquiries, etc. from customers or users
- To communicate with the information provider regarding the provision of services, etc. by the information provider or to conduct business related to the succession of the relevant business.
- To provide benefits such as coupons provided or available by the Company or information providers
- To provide information on various campaigns and events conducted by the Company or its information providers, and to provide various information, products, services, etc. (including products, services, etc. of third parties other than the information providers) that the Company or its information providers deem appropriate or beneficial to customers.
- To conduct research and analysis of the sales and usage status of the products and services of the Company or its information providers, to provide such research and analysis data free of charge or for a fee, to improve the operation and quality of the products and services of the Company or its information providers, to plan and develop new products and services, and to conduct questionnaire surveys and other marketing analysis. For marketing analysis
- In addition to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the handling of personal information and other information related to users shall be in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Policy.
Article 14 (Prohibition of Transfer of Rights and Obligations)
The User shall not transfer, succeed, pledge, or otherwise dispose of any rights or obligations under this Agreement to any third party without the prior written consent of the Company.
Article 15 (Revision of the Terms)
- If the content of the change is compatible with the interests of the User
- The content of the change is not contrary to the purpose of transactions related to the Terms and is reasonable in light of the necessity of the change, the reasonableness of the content after the change, and other circumstances related to the change.
- Any changes to the Terms and Conditions pursuant to the preceding paragraph shall become effective at the time of the effective date of the preceding paragraph, and the Terms and Conditions after the changes shall apply to the User.
Article 16 (Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction)
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- The Tokyo Summary Court or the Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive court of first instance for all lawsuits and other disputes related to these Terms.
Article 17 (Consultation)
In the event that any question or problem arises between the Company and the User in relation to the Service or these Terms, the Company shall consult with the User in good faith on a case-by-case basis in order to resolve the issue.
Article 18 (Points)
- Points can be used to acquire the right to use paid contents in the service specified by the Company.
- The Online Dojo members can acquire the right to use the content specified by the Company by using points by the method specified by the Company. Points can only be used within the services specified by the Company.
- The Online Dojo members are not allowed to lend, transfer, pledge, buy or sell the rights to use points and contents to other The Online Dojo members or third parties, unless approved by the Company.
- The Online Dojo members cannot request refund of points or exchange of points for content other than the content specified by the Company, unless approved by the Company.
- If a The Online Dojo member loses the qualification to use the services, due to withdrawal, or for other reasons, any unused points will become invalid.